Today we got a lot done! Sei got quite the day of brain work:
- Handling Face: I wanted to associate Sei’s face being touched with good things, so I was pairing a face touch with a C/T. Then he started offering chin rests, so I did a bit of that.
- Chin Rests: Literally Sei’s second session on this. The first was earlier in the morning when I was just making good associations with his face being touched and he offered me a chin rest. With duration. Very impressed with him.
- Timing for CCC: I took more video for my crucial concepts course and got it edited. Nothing too interesting here.
- Stacking: I worked a bit more on the stacking practice. It is a slow process, but I think we are slowly moving forward with it.
- Two Ball Game: This is really not a very good example of the game, but it is better than we were doing a week ago!
- More Play: We had an awesome play session in the evening! I found strategy that works to keep Sei bringing the ball to me rather than running off with it. When Sei picks up the ball and turns back around, I run the other way and keep moving until he drops the ball. Then I pick it up and start the game again. I’m pretty happy with what a change that made. I did eventually have to go get a tug to to save myself from puppy teeth between Sei dropping the ball and me throwing it again, but that worked fine too.
- Focus in the face of popping corn: Sei found the popcorn popping in a glass pot on the stove very interesting. So I took the opportunity to work on some focus.
- More stationing, hand targets, a curiosity exercise from the Baby Genius course we are taking, and a little bit of mat work.